Monday, March 03, 2008

Bringing Home Preemie - The Goods, Pt.1

Almost three months ago, I gave birth to a beautiful, little boy, Solomon, ten weeks early. After a month and a day in the NICU, he came home and the real fun began. There's nothing like a two year old and a newborn preemie under the roof to make life interesting... and even more amazing.

Here is a list of some of the products that we love and use with Sollie most everyday.

1) Peanut Shell Sling in Black Micro-fleece He loves to be all snuggled up and close to my chest in this fabulous sling. I used Peanut Shell's with my first and now with my second, I love them even more. I recommend Peanut Shell's to all of clients that are requesting ideas on baby carrying. I love the smooth, strechy fabric and the versatility of black. We will be ordering one in a spring/summer color soon.

Picture from and shop at Peanut Shell's site www.goo-ga.com

2) Soothie pacifer and bottles
While in the NICU, he was started on the Soothie pacifiers. They come in various colors, but they are soft, one piece pacis made of hospital-grade silicone and are notoriously hard to find, but we found after three trips, newly stocked at our local Target and at Diapers.com. Just this week, we started trying the bottles after depleting our hospital stash and after going several rounds, un-successfully, with expensive other brands. He seems to love them -- we'll give it another week and do a follow-up review on the bottles.

Picture from and shop at www.diapers.com or at www.Target.com for bottles and paci