Thursday, June 25, 2009

On TV: Princess Protection Program on Disney Channel This Weekend

On Friday, June 26, 8pm, The Princess Protection starring Camp Rock's Demi Lovato and Wizards Of Waverly Place's Selena Gomez airs tonight.

A sweet, family-friendly, tween-lovable tale of two girls that learn the meaning of being a princess. I screened this with my 17 yr old sister and 3 year old daughter snuggled with a big bowl of buttery popcorn and found that we all laughed, smiled and giggled along with the movie -- and that the movie kept all of our attention (a definite plus with a 3 yer old -- still in her princess mode). As a mom, it was really nice to see two teens that were not overly exposed and living all too grown up lives and situations, as the starring models... I have to admit that it reminds me of why I like Disney Originals.

Grade: B+

Check the website for more details and future airings.

For more information, see www.disney.com/princessprotectionprogram