Saturday, October 25, 2008

Playdates in the Kitchen: Family - Fun at Home


Over the last couple of months, I have been looking for ways to entertain my little ones while sharing my love for food and cooking while not feeling like I've been sucked into the Kiddie-ville land of random ball shaped foods.

Recently, we received a copy of Kitchen Playdates by Lauren Deen (Chronicle Books). It's a beautiful book with bright, detailed pictures and clear, detailed instructions. As a cookbook aficionado, I loved it, but after trying it realized that some of the recipes are a tad expensive and a touch too-exotic and "adult" for my little ones, 2 year old and 10 months. So I tried the recipes out on some of my favorite mamas and papas and they were hits!

Kitchen Playdates is a great starting point for some rockin ideas and fun way to entertain in a family-friendly way.

Available for purchae at www.amazon.com or www.chroniclebooks.com