Friday, January 11, 2008

Here we go, 2008. Desire list 101

Sometimes some of my most clear thinking comes at really awkward hours, like after a 3:00am feeding.

I have spent the last couple of days thinking, and getting adjusted to having my little boy at home, yea!!! and reaquainting myself with the schedule of a newborn and a 2 year old. And while it gives me a new appreciation for those moms of multiples and my own mother for that fact, I have had some time to think and try to see what I would like to see for 2008.

I generally create, what I call, my desire list, a clear, detailed list of things, dreams and adventures that I would like to experience, partake, obtain or create in a given year. It is amazing how when I pick the list back up later, how everything tally on the list is meet. So allow yourself to freely dream, remember the moments of bliss and be clear in what you ask for and send out into the Universe. A woman's desire is a powerful thing, be it for a low-fat, iced latte or a flexible, part-time job to bring in extra income. Metaphysician Florence Shovel Shinn notes in her book that there is a fulfillment for every wish, uttered or un-uttered. I have learned that this is a powerful exercise and shapes my upcoming year -- remember the saying, "Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it."

Fellow Mamas, I challenge you to spend a week, take some time, a luxury to be sure, and think, pray and ponder about the upcoming year, yourself and your needs and wishes and when it is clear in your mind what you would like-- be it a massage, silky new jammies, a double stroller with wheels that go in the same direction that you do or weekly mom-date -- put down on paper and place the list in a safe, but visible place.

Many blessings to you and yours,

Teia