Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A neat find in DC - Dragonfly Design and Decor


One day while we were walking to the Whole Foods at 14 and P, NW. We stumbled upon a treasure in Washington, DC. Dragonfly Design and Decor. From the street, I saw something beautiful shimmering in the back of the warehouse. We went in manuevered around luxe Asian inspired prints and screens, decorative goodies, jade bracelets and other things that passed my vision on my way to the shimmer.

The shimmer was a fiery red silk kimono. No pictures were available, but let me tell you, the fabric felt so luxurious and smooth against my skin and reminded me of a treat that I hadn't indulged in since before the birth of my daughter. It was worth the journey in.

Nonetheless, they have a beautiful warehouse in DC and one soon to be opening in Fairfax on the 20th of January.

Their site is www.dragonflydd.com. and the DC location is at 1457 Church St. NW.

No comments: